This policy is part of our Website Terms and Conditions.
1. Sellers on sustainablemarketplace.com.au offer repairs, replacements and refunds in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and on the terms set out in the Seller’s refund policy.
2. Before making a purchase on our Website, please read the Seller’s refund policy so that you can understand your rights and what you can expect from the Seller if you are not satisfied with your order.
3. If a Product which you purchased from a Seller on sustainablemarketplace.com.au has a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) then you may be entitled to a replacement or refund. You may also be entitled to compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage resulting from that major failure.
4. If a product or service which you purchased from a Seller on sustainablemarketplace.com.au has a failure which does not amount to a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) then you may still be entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced.
5. As the operator of the Website, Sustainable Marketplace is only a facilitator in introducing a Buyer to a Seller and providing a system to make safe payment. We are not a party to any Contract between a Buyer and a Seller. Therefore, we do not hold any liability to the Buyer directly and will not personally refund you any payments made in the use of Services.
6. If your order is cancelled prior to dispatch you will be notified by email and you will receive a complete refund to your original payment method, allowing for a processing period of seven (7) days.
7. If, after delivery of your order, you believe you may be ntitled to a refund, then Sustainable Marketplace requires you to:
(a) login to your account on Sustainablemarketplace.com.au
(b) choose the menu option 'purchase history' to request a refund.
8. If contacted by a Buyer who is requesting a refund pursuant to the above clause, the Seller agrees that they will immediately:
(a) complete the Sustainable Marketplace refund request form (the 'Request Form') provided on the Website; and
(b) provide both the Request Form and the email from the Buyer requesting the refund to Sustainable Marketplace.
9. If the Seller agrees to a refund it is acknowledged that the Seller will instruct Sustainable Marketplace to refund all or part of the payments made to the Buyer directly, less any fees and charges incurred by Sustainable Marketplace in processing the refund.
10. Change of Mind Some Sellers on sustainablemarketplace.com.au may offer exchange or return for Change of Mind. When placing an order on our Website, it is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of the Seller’s refund policy for that Product, and if exchange or return for Change of Mind applies to the Product. Please contact the Seller direct for any Change of Mind exchange or return.
11. Products Damaged During Delivery In the event that the product you ordered has been damaged during delivery, please contact the Seller as soon as possible. It is the Seller’s responsibility to arrange to repair, replace or refund the product in accordance with their refund policy. It is your responsibility as the Buyer to return any damaged product in the condition in which it was received, together with any packaging and other items which you received with the damaged product.
12. Exceptions A Seller may refuse to provide a repair, replacement or refund for a product or service purchased by you if:
(a) You misused the said product in a way which caused the problem.
(b) You knew or were made aware of the problem(s) with the product or service before you purchased it.
(c) You asked for a service to be done in a certain manner, or you asked for alterations to a product, against the Seller’s advice, or you were unclear about what you wanted.
(d) Any other exceptions apply under the Australian Consumer Law.
13. Both the Buyer and Seller agree that they will comply with the Refund Policy contained in this Clause of these Terms.
14. Further information about the Australian Consumer Law and these Consumer Guarantees is available from the website of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Last updated by Sustainable Marketplace September 2020.